Tuesday, March 6, 2007

What the...

Life is weird, don't ya think? Sometimes the minutes go by fast and other times it's like you're in slo mo'. My relationship with God is exactly like that. At times it's moving like Lightning McQueen and other times it's as slow as a dump truck. Maybe that's normal. Too be honest with you I don't know. I wish God would just drive at a steady speed so that I can always figure out where he's going.

Lately, I've been like the kid in the back seat yelling, "Are we there yet?" You see God has been up to something in my personal life, good stuff; healthy stuff. But I just can't get a handle on the destination yet, and so most of my prayers are spent asking God for details. Some people ask God for good health, or money, or to be a good person. Me? I just ask him for details. Yeah, give me some idea what the arrival point looks like.

I have been dreaming about a ministry in Rock County, Wisconsin for a couple of months now and I am beginning to head towards somewhere. It's definitely a God thing. It involves a lot of trusting, faith and obedience. My report card looks like this:
Trusting - B
Faith - A-
Obedience - B-

I'll keep ya posted...

No comments: